I have very strong opinions on study habits and routine. While it doesn't work everyday we try to have the same routine. I pick Noelle up from school, snack time, and then we sit down to do homework. Kyle likes to pretend he is doing work but he usually colors or paints. Yes, I know he is not holding his pencil correctly.
Noelle is not an artist. She enjoys writing and is very proud that she can write all the people in her class in alphabetical order.
We received her first report card yesterday. Here are the highlights:She has MASTERED:
Writing her first and last name
Birthday
Recognizes frequent words
Knows all her letters
.
She is PRACTICING:
Sounds
Counting by 10's
listening without interrupting
telling time
identifying rhyming words
Working in a group
Solving problems
Working quietly
.
She needs to IMPROVE:
Resolving conflict
Following directions
Cleaning up
Making good use of her time
.
She LOVES school. She loves wearing dresses, having her nails done, and all girly things. She is still adjusting to all the hearing issues. The hardest part is that she doesn't know where sounds come from. At the beginning of the year, her teacher asked her "Did you hear me okay Noelle" Noelle replied, "I can hear you but sometimes my brain tells me not to listen."
She continues to have speech twice a week and she sees a phonic specialist one day a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment